When I was introduced to intuitive eating, I was confused—eat what I want, when I want, and trust my body to do the rest? Yeah, right. — Mandy Beth Rubin, LPC
Weight is a wide-scale issue that many of us are experiencing. Though it’s not thought to be serious, being overweight and underweight is a sign that you are not getting the right nourishment. We should consume the right food to get the proper nutrients that our body needs to be healthy and to function well. If you have weight problems, you should ask yourself, “Am I eating right?”
Did you know that you could lose weight by taking good care of your body? How bad can that be? Just eat the right food with the proper nutrients, and every nutrient nourishes the body! So there is no way you could get that wrong.
Healthy Foods to Add to Your Meal Plan:
- Studies show that overweight people have lower immunity and are more prone to serious health issues such as diabetes and heart problems. They lack the essential nutrients to build a stronger immune Vitamin C is known to boost the immune system and protect the body from infections. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin C such as:
- Bell peppers
- Dark Leafy Greens
- A high-protein diet is among the diet plans that people use to lose weight. Yes, this is good, but make sure that you don’t miss all the other nutrients your body needs. Protein-rich foods aids in muscle growth and is very popular among bodybuilders and athletes. Here are some of the foods rich in protein:
- Lean Beef
- White Meat
- It is clear why you are fat. It’s because you consume too much fat! Make it a goal to eat not more than 25 percent of your calories from fat, or you could eat food which is high in good fat such as:
- Dark Chocolate
- Olive Oil
- Whole Eggs
Hurray for a positive media portrayal of a woman who is not on a diet of mineral water and rabbit food and whose beauty is not surgically-enhanced! — Shelley H Carson Ph.D.
- Fill up with fiber. Fiber makes you feel full so that you would eat less. It is also useful for digestion as it aids in regular bowel movement. It is essential to get rid of wastes which are also the cause why we sometimes feel bloated.
- Brown Rice
- Whole Grains
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Did you know that water is the fourth fundamental food group? Water plays a vital role in our lives. Without it, there is no chance we will survive. Water is responsible for distributing nutrients and flushing away wastes. If you’re planning on dieting, don’t forget to remind yourself to drink at least eight glasses of water a day. It will also help you stay hydrated while you try to burn those extra fats.
When we diet, we stop listening to our bodies and we start listening to what others say we “should” or “shouldn’t” eat. We may become overwhelmed because there are so many others telling us what to eat (doctors, diet creators, mothers, fathers, friends, grandparents, siblings, nutritionists, magazines, TV, radio, the internet, personal trainers, even therapists). — Anne Cuthbert, MA, LPC
If you don’t get enough nutrients needed by the body, you will feel weak and fatigued. There’s a higher chance you will crave and eat more.Dieting is not about starving. It is about choosing the right food that will aid your body to function properly and get rid of the unnecessary elements like fats. Create the right meal plan because they play an important role not just in your diet but your overall health.